SYLKA™ is made with the innovative, resilient NuSilk™ fibre system making it ideal for a wide range of Marine applications.
Although delicate and luxurious to touch, the micro fibre from which NuSilk™ is derived from makes SYLKA™ extremely durable and hardwearing making it exceptionally versatile.
Unlike all natural and faux silk luxury floor coverings, including viscose and bamboo, NuSilk™ is the only fibre system of its type that will retain its beauty and delicate feel after cleaning.
Thanks to its ability to withstand spillages, sun damage and heavy foot traffic, SYLKA™ has been specified by high-profile boat builders and marine interior designers for vessels from 20 metre to 100 metre superyachts.
It is ideal for new builds and refurbishment projects, making it the perfect marine choice for pure luxury and practicality.
On top of this high level of inbuilt protection, we also offer Aquadefence – one of the industry’s leading hydrophobic barriers which prevent stains from occurring in the first place.
SYLKA™’s collections come in designer-friendly natural shades that will complement any living space and create the look, as well as the feel, of luxury.
Alongside our normal range we also offer SYLKA™ Hand-Tufted which allows the modern discerning boat builder the choice of installing completely bespoke, one-off carpets.
All standard colours are stocked at our marine division in Palma Mallorca, as well as our London distribution centre and our Georgia factory in the United States for immediate dispatch to any worldwide destination, subject to availability.
All our carpets and rugs comply with the following standards:
- They meet or exceed a commercial density rating of up to 1,000 foot traffics per day, making them suitable for heavy domestic or medium contract use.
- They meet or exceed the flammability standard US ASTM E648-08 Critical Radiant Flux and British Standard BS 4790:1987 (Method for determination of the effects of a small source of ignition on textile floor coverings (hot metal nut method).
- For aircraft and superyacht installations requiring the Vertical Flammability Test (US Federal Aviation Regulation) FAR25.853a, we offer a Promethezyl flame-retardant finish.
- SYLKA™ products are constructed to achieve low tog rating, making them ideally suited for installation involving underfloor heating.
- They are treated with NuShield performance additive for advanced protection against soiling, stains and static electricity.
- They are finished with NuBac natural rubber latex backing to promote improved tuft bind performance, ease of installation and handling and enhanced seaming.
SYLKA™ is internationally-recognised for its exceptional collection of carpets, which have been fitted to a number of luxury yachts, including:
- Felicita West
- Mikhail S. Vorontsov
- M/Y Silver Angel 65m
- M/Y Lady S 69m
- M/Y Mischief 54m
- S/Y Latitude 40m
- S/Y Clare 27m
- M/Y Solis 34m
- Various Sunseeker 30m plus
- M/Y Leander 75m
- M/Y Talisman 71m
- M/Y Stargate 80m
- M/Y Ecstasea 86m
- M/Y Tatii 41m
- M/Y Justa Delia 44m
- M/Y Galaxy of Happiness 54m
- M/Y Limitless 96m
- M/Y N2H 49m
- M/Y Polaris 48m
- M/Y Marina Wonder 38m
- M/Y Maraya 54m
- M/Y Ramble on Rose 60m
- M/Y A and A 45m
- S/Y Kokomo 58m
- Various Princess 30m plus
To find out more about our Marine Services, please contact us.