SYLKA is made with the innovative, resilient NuSilk fibre system making it ideal for a wide range of Marine applications.
Although delicate and luxurious to touch, the micro fibre from which NuSilk is derived from makes SYLKA extremely durable and hardwearing making it exceptionally versatile.
Unlike all natural and faux silk luxury floor coverings, including viscose and bamboo, NuSilk is the only fibre system of its type that will retain its beauty and delicate feel after cleaning.
Thanks to its ability to withstand spillages, sun damage and heavy foot traffic, SYLKA has been specified by high-profile boat builders and marine interior designers for vessels from 20 metre to 100 metre superyachts.
It is ideal for new builds and refurbishment projects, making it the perfect marine choice for pure luxury and practicality.
On top of this high level of inbuilt protection, we also offer Liquiproof – one of the industry’s leading hydrophobic barriers which prevent stains from occurring in the first place.
SYLKA’s collections come in designer-friendly natural shades that will complement any living space and create the look, as well as the feel, of luxury.
Alongside our normal range we also offer SYLKA Hand-Tufted which allows the modern discerning boat builder the choice of installing completely bespoke, one-off carpets.
All standard colours are stocked at our marine division in Palma Mallorca, as well as our London distribution centre and our Georgia factory in the United States for immediate dispatch to any worldwide destination, subject to availability.
All our carpets and rugs comply with the following standards:
- They meet or exceed a commercial density rating of up to 1,000 foot traffics per day, making them suitable for heavy domestic or medium contract use.
- They meet or exceed the flammability standard US ASTM E648-08 Critical Radiant Flux and British Standard BS 4790:1987 (Method for determination of the effects of a small source of ignition on textile floor coverings (hot metal nut method).
- For aircraft and superyacht installations requiring the Vertical Flammability Test (US Federal Aviation Regulation) FAR25.853a, we offer a Promethezyl flame-retardant finish.
- SYLKA products are constructed to achieve low tog rating, making them ideally suited for installation involving underfloor heating.
- They are treated with NuShield performance additive for advanced protection against soiling, stains and static electricity.
- They are finished with NuBac natural rubber latex backing to promote improved tuft bind performance, ease of installation and handling and enhanced seaming.
SYLKA is internationally-recognised for its exceptional collection of carpets, which have been fitted to a number of luxury yachts, including:
- M/Y Silver Angel 65m
- M/Y Lady S 69m
- M/Y Mischief 59.2m
- S/Y Latitude 40m
- S/Y Clare 27.08m
- New build Moulder yacht 35m
- S/Y Various Sunseeker 25m plus
- S/Y Leander 75m
- S/Y Talisman 70m
To find out more about our Marine Services, please contact us.